Understanding Your New Local Area When Moving House
The county of Warwickshire has gained the distinction of being one of the most picturesque places to visit across the entirety of England. The local area benefits from iconic places, from the sprawling Warwick Castle which sits on the bend of the River Avon to the Heritage Motor Museum in Royal Leamington Spa that exhibits England’s rich legacy in the motor industry, and many more in between.
Moving house tips
We’re proud of being a part of the enriched culture and local tradition that is found only in the heart of England and it is really why we believe that home is truly where the heart is. This is why it’s important to research your new local area when moving house, to ensure that your new surroundings will fit in with your needs, wants, and lifestyle.
Ask yourself a few questions that may affect both you and the important people in your life, for example:
• Does the area have local amenities? (Is there somewhere to walk a dog? Where are the closest corner shops? Is there a park nearby for the kids? etc.)
• How accessible are the transport options? (Do the buses/trains run regularly to the destinations you visit often? How cyclist-friendly are the roads? etc.)
• Is there a presence of crime or anti-social behaviour in the area?
• What are the surrounding options for primary and secondary schools?
• Are there any traffic build-ups in this area?
Best time to view a property
An additional factor to consider is that it may be worth taking the time to a house or local area a number of times; pass through at peak time, during the evening, or on the weekend to understand how the environment changes. What may be a quiet, tranquil road in the afternoon may become a busy, congested commuters route towards the evening.
If in doubt, or if you have any questions about the local area, get in touch with our experts to learn all about Warwickshire and Leamington! If you’re looking for a property, call us on 01926832411 and we’ll be happy to help, or fill in our contact form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. You can also follow us on Facebook or Instagram to stay up to date.